This was the 54th night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Allianz Parque, São Paulo, Brazil
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Unipol Arena, Bologna, Italy
- 1969: Recording, mixing, editing: You Know My Name (Look Up The Number), What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1963: Live: Regal Cinema, Cambridge
- 1962: Recording: Please Please Me single
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.