This was the 54th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Allianz Parque, São Paulo, Brazil
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Unipol Arena, Bologna, Italy
- 1969: Recording, mixing, editing: You Know My Name (Look Up The Number), What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1963: Live: Regal Cinema, Cambridge
- 1962: Recording: Please Please Me single
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.