This was the 53rd night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Allianz Parque, São Paulo, Brazil
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at BC Place, Vancouver, Canada
- 2008: Beatles iTunes deal has ‘stalled’
- 1969: John Lennon returns his MBE to the Queen
- 1968: US album release: The Beatles (White Album)
- 1966: Recording: Pantomime: Everywhere It’s Christmas
- 1965: The Beatles go Christmas shopping in Harrods
- 1964: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1963: Television: Late Scene Extra, Scene At 6.30
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.