This was the 52nd night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany. It was also Pete Best’s 19th birthday.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 1967: UK single release: Hello, Goodbye
- 1966: Recording: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Hull
- 1962: Live: Royal Lido Ballroom, Prestatyn
- 1961: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1941: Pete Best is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.