It was Harrison’s first release on his Dark Horse record label.
The first single from Thirty Three & ⅓ was ‘This Song’, released on 15 November 1976. It reached number 25 on the US Billboard Hot 100, yet failed to chart in the UK. The single was an edited version with 20 seconds missing.
Thirty Three & ⅓ was released in the UK on 19 November 1976, and five days later in the US.
Its highest international chart placing was number 10 on the Canadian RPM Top Albums chart. In America it peaked at number 11 on the Billboard 200, while in the UK it went no higher than number 35. It was Harrison’s first album since All Things Must Pass not to reach the US Top Ten.
Also on this day...
- 2008: UK album release: Electric Arguments by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1972: UK single release: Happy Xmas (War Is Over) by John Lennon
- 1967: UK single release: Hello, Goodbye
- 1966: Recording: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Hull
- 1962: Live: Royal Lido Ballroom, Prestatyn
- 1961: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1941: Pete Best is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.