On this day The Beatles’ 114th evening show at the Cavern Club took place.
Overall this was their 259th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Allianz Parque, São Paulo, Brazil
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: BC Place, Vancouver, Canada
- 2008: Beatles iTunes deal has ‘stalled’
- 2008: US album release: Electric Arguments by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1969: John Lennon returns his MBE to the Queen
- 1968: US album release: The Beatles (White Album)
- 1966: Recording: Pantomime: Everywhere It’s Christmas
- 1965: The Beatles go Christmas shopping in Harrods
- 1964: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1963: Television: Late Scene Extra, Scene At 6.30
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.