Harrods, the luxury department store in Knightsbridge, London, opened especially for The Beatles on this evening to allow the group to do their Christmas shopping away from fans.
Last updated: 19 June 2010
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Allianz Parque, São Paulo, Brazil
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: BC Place, Vancouver, Canada
- 2008: Beatles iTunes deal has ‘stalled’
- 2008: US album release: Electric Arguments by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1969: John Lennon returns his MBE to the Queen
- 1968: US album release: The Beatles (White Album)
- 1966: Recording: Pantomime: Everywhere It’s Christmas
- 1964: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1963: Television: Late Scene Extra, Scene At 6.30
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.