Harrods, the luxury department store in Knightsbridge, London, opened especially for The Beatles on this evening to allow the group to do their Christmas shopping away from fans.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Allianz Parque, São Paulo, Brazil
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at BC Place, Vancouver, Canada
- 2008: Beatles iTunes deal has ‘stalled’
- 2008: US album release: Electric Arguments by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1969: John Lennon returns his MBE to the Queen
- 1968: US album release: The Beatles (White Album)
- 1966: Recording: Pantomime: Everywhere It’s Christmas
- 1964: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1963: Television: Late Scene Extra, Scene At 6.30
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.