The 21st date of The Beatles’ 1963 Autumn Tour took place at the Regal Cinema in Cambridge.
This was The Beatles’ second and final appearance at the Regal. They had previously performed there on 19 March 1963.
As with all the other dates on the Autumn Tour, the group’s setlist contained 10 songs: ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘From Me To You’, ‘All My Loving’, ‘You Really Got A Hold On Me’, ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘Boys’, ‘Till There Was You’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘Money (That’s What I Want)’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Allianz Parque, São Paulo, Brazil
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Unipol Arena, Bologna, Italy
- 1969: Recording, mixing, editing: You Know My Name (Look Up The Number), What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1962: Recording: Please Please Me single
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
at the time i was the sound engineer for RCA.i manned the p/a system on this occasion. i could have had all there signatures on the prog.!.but it was just another days work at that time.
I was a reporter on the Cambridge news and remember huge Friday night crowds preparing to sleep rough outside the theatre to guarantee entry to the concert next day.