This was The Beatles’ final trip to the Rialto Theatre in York. They had performed there on three prior occasions, all in 1963: 27 February, 13 March, and 29 May.
This time it was the 22nd date of the group’s 1963 Autumn Tour. As with all the tour’s other dates, The Beatles performed a standard set of 10 songs: ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘From Me To You’, ‘All My Loving’, ‘You Really Got A Hold On Me’, ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘Boys’, ‘Till There Was You’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘Money (That’s What I Want)’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Last updated: 24 April 2012
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy
- 1970: US album release: All Things Must Pass by George Harrison
- 1969: John Lennon is interviewed about returning his MBE
- 1967: US single release: Hello, Goodbye
- 1967: US album release: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: John Lennon films a sequence for Not Only… But Also
- 1964: UK single release: I Feel Fine
- 1962: Radio: The Talent Spot
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
I think on this day I Want To Hold Your Hand reached the number 1 position the New Musical Express’s Top Thirty.