Paul McCartney performed the second show of his Out There tour at Estádio Serra Dourada in Goiânia, Brazil.
The setlist was identical to the first show in the tour, which took place two days before in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
The concert began 33 minutes late. McCartney’s flight from Bel Horizonte was delayed due to bad weather, with his private jet arriving in Goiânia at 5.30pm.
During the show the musicians encountered some unexpected visitors:
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) May 8, 2013
McCartney’s band was Paul ‘Wix’ Wickens (vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion, harmonica), Brian Ray (vocals, guitar, bass), Rusty Anderson (vocals, guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (vocals, drums).
— Brian Ray (@brianrayguitar) May 7, 2013
Great night last night in Goiania . . a few too many grasshoppers wanting to join in . . you have to rehearse to be in this band fellas.
— Paul Wickens (@WixWickens) May 7, 2013
- ‘Eight Days A Week’
- Junior’s Farm
- ‘All My Loving’
- Listen To What The Man Said
- Let Me Roll It
- ‘Paperback Writer’
- My Valentine
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five
- ‘The Long And Winding Road’
- Maybe I’m Amazed
- Hope Of Deliverance
- ‘We Can Work It Out’
- Another Day
- ‘And I Love Her’
- Here Today
- ‘Your Mother Should Know’
- ‘Lady Madonna’
- ‘All Together Now’
- Mrs Vandebilt
- ‘Eleanor Rigby’
- ‘Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!’
- ‘Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da’
- Band On The Run
- Hi, Hi, Hi
- ‘Back In The USSR’
- ‘Let It Be’
- Live And Let Die
- ‘Hey Jude’
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney is to marry Nancy Shevell
- 1969: Recording, mixing: You Never Give Me Your Money
- 1966: Recording: I’m Only Sleeping
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.