Paul McCartney headlined the second night of the 2013 Bonnaroo Music Festival in Great Stage Park, Manchester, Tennessee, performing before 80,000 people.
psuper psyched to play #Bonnaroo2013 in less than an hour with Paul and the guys.. It's beautiful night for music.
— Brian Ray (@brianrayguitar) June 15, 2013
It was the 13th stop on McCartney’s Out There tour, and the only one so far to be part of a music festival. The band were taken to the venue with a police escort.
McCartney’s band was Paul ‘Wix’ Wickens (vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion, harmonica), Brian Ray (vocals, guitar, bass), Rusty Anderson (vocals, guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (vocals, drums).
A few friends taking us to Bonaroo!!!
C y'all soon!!!
: ) > pic.twitter.com/0ghXmLZCUF
— abe laboriel jr (@ogabejr) June 14, 2013
McCartney improvised a song for the Bonnaroo audience during the set.
- ‘Eight Days A Week’
- ‘Junior’s Farm’
- ‘All My Loving’
- ‘Listen To What The Man Said’
- ‘Let Me Roll It’
- ‘Paperback Writer’
- ‘My Valentine’
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five
- ‘The Long And Winding Road’
- ‘Maybe I’m Amazed’
- ‘Midnight Special’
- ‘We Can Work It Out’
- ‘Another Day’
- ‘And I Love Her’
- ‘Here Today’
- ‘Your Mother Should Know’
- ‘Lady Madonna’
- ‘All Together Now’
- ‘Lovely Rita’
- ‘Mrs Vandebilt’
- ‘Eleanor Rigby’
- ‘Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!’
- ‘Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da’
- ‘Band On The Run’
- ‘Back In The USSR’
- ‘Let It Be’
- ‘Live And Let Die’
- ‘Hey Jude’
Previous Out There tour dates:
- 4 May 2013: Estadio Mineirão, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- 6 May 2013: Estádio Serra Dourada, Goiânia, Brazil
- 9 May 2013: Estádio Governador Plácido Castelo, Fortaleza, Brazil
- 18 May 2013: Amway Center, Orlando, Florida
- 19 May 2013: Amway Center, Orlando, Florida
- 22 May 2013: Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Texas
- 23 May 2013: Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Texas
- 26 May 2013: FedExForum, Memphis, Tennessee
- 29 May 2013: BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 30 May 2013: BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 8 June 2013: Barclays Center, New York
- 10 June 2013: Barclays Center, New York
thanks for the great vibes bonnaroo! amazing festival energy, & we lucked out with the perfect weather.
— Rusty Anderson (@rustyanderson1) June 17, 2013
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Oakdale Theatre, Wallingford, Connecticut
- 2011: John Lennon autographed Double Fantasy sells for £23,000
- 1969: Television: John Lennon and Yoko Ono on The David Frost Show
- 1967: Recording: All You Need Is Love
- 1966: Recording: Here, There And Everywhere
- 1965: Recording: I’ve Just Seen A Face, I’m Down, Yesterday
- 1965: US album release: Beatles VI
- 1964: Ringo rejoins The Beatles in Australia
- 1964: Ringo Starr gives a press conference in Sydney, Australia
- 1963: Live: Mersey Beat Showcase, Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
Hey Joe, I noticed you had spelt Bonnaroo wrong multiple times. I was also at the show, it was awesome. He made a comment about how he could “smell all the good weed getting smoked.” As my second time seeing him I have to say that he is just an amazing performer. Thanks for the site also, I waste about 50% of each day just reading.