This was The Beatles’ 23rd of 48 nights at Hamburg’s Star-Club, the city’s newest rock ‘n’ roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
This first stint at the Star-Club began on Friday 13 April, and came to a close on 31 May 1962. The Beatles left Hamburg on Saturday 2 June.
It was The Beatles’ third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney live: Oakland Arena, Oakland, California
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Estádio Serra Dourada, Goiânia, Brazil
- 2011: Paul McCartney is to marry Nancy Shevell
- 1977: UK album release: The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl
- 1969: Recording, mixing: You Never Give Me Your Money
- 1966: Recording: I’m Only Sleeping
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.