The day began with the creation of two reduction mixes, the second of which was preferred, to combine the previous day’s backwards guitar solos onto one track of the four-track tape.
Onto track four Lennon double-tracked his lead vocals in places (the main lead part had been added on 29 April 1966), while McCartney and Harrison simultaneously performed harmonies.
I’m Only Sleeping was mixed in mono on 12 May and 6 June, and in stereo on 20 May and 21 June.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Estádio Serra Dourada, Goiânia, Brazil
- 2011: Paul McCartney is to marry Nancy Shevell
- 1977: UK album release: The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl
- 1969: Recording, mixing: You Never Give Me Your Money
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.