Wow… Snubbed at Maccas Wedding, Snubbed at the Anniversary of ‘LOVE’ in Vegas! Snubbed at Macca’s Wedding reception in NYC, last night Snubbed at George’s Film Premier….
What Have I done to be ignored in such a way? I was not invited to ANY of these events…. I thought WE had a relationship… Obviously not….
Gimme some truth… Maybe now it’s time to tell the Truth…. I & My Mother will NOT be eradicated from History… How dare they…
Yoko Ono was present at all but McCartney’s wedding, while Sean Lennon was present at the New York wedding party and the Love anniversary in Las Vegas. Olivia and Dhani Harrison were present at the London premiere of Martin Scorsese’s documentary on George Harrison and McCartney’s London wedding reception. Ringo Starr and his wife Barbara Bach attended the London wedding ceremony.
A McCartney source said Julian’s lack of invitation to the wedding events was an “oversight”, and that it was thought he was at his home near Lake Como in Italy. The Love anniversary, meanwhile, was organised by Apple, and Yoko Ono serves as John Lennon’s sole representative on the board.
Julian is regarded as part of the family, but everyone just assumed he was in Italy.
UPDATE: 22 October 2011
The message was deleted from Lennon’s Facebook page, and the following comment left:
Rising Above… Always have, Always will… & Better for it…
I Luv You Mum… Thank You…. x
UPDATE TWO: 5 November 2011
Julian Lennon posted another message on Facebook, attacking the media and claiming his original comments were merely “whimsical”.
How do ‘The Gutter Press’ live with themselves ?
Just So much Bullsh*t… Seems many have taken My comment from the other week, a little too far… It was truly written, hand on Heart, with a Whimsical heart… The situation was laughable, more than anything…
Wasn’t whining… just stating the facts…
Obviously people misplace & mistake My sense of humour & character… C’est La Vie…. 😉
Also on this day...
- 2023: Paul McCartney live: Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
- 2020: Paul McCartney announces new album McCartney III
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Théâtre St-Denis, Montreal, Canada
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Joe Louis Arena, Detroit
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- 2011: Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell hold wedding party in New York
- 2008: Beatles iPod goes on sale at Bloomingdale’s
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1965: Recording: Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Nowhere Man
- 1964: Live: Odeon Cinema, Glasgow
- 1964: Mixing: I Feel Fine, I’ll Follow The Sun, She’s A Woman, Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby
- 1963: Mixing: I Want To Hold Your Hand, This Boy
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.