Sir Paul McCartney and his new wife Nancy Shevell – now Lady McCartney – have jetted to the Caribbean island of Mustique for their honeymoon.
The couple are staying at Sir Mick Jagger’s beachfront mansion Stargroves, which is normally rented to guests for £10,000 a week.
Jagger’s house has six bedrooms, 25ft swimming pool, floodlit tennis court, private chef and a butler. The McCartneys are past guests at the mansion, which is a popular retreat for celebrities.
The couple flew from London to St Lucia for their four-day honeymoon.
Last updated: 25 January 2012
Also on this day...
- 2017: Ringo Starr live: Planet Hollywood Resort, Las Vegas
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Brandt Centre, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- 2013: UK album release: New by Paul McCartney
- 2009: Liverpool considers Beatles Trail of iconic locations
- 2009: The Beatles’ Box Of Vision gets UK and European release
- 1968: Recording, mixing: I Will, Birthday, Savoy Truffle, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Long Long Long, Yer Blues, Sexy Sadie, What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Manchester
- 1964: Television: Scene At 6.30
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.