This was the 11th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2017: Ringo Starr live: Planet Hollywood Resort, Las Vegas
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Brandt Centre, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- 2013: UK album release: New by Paul McCartney
- 2011: Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell honeymoon in Mustique
- 2009: Liverpool considers Beatles Trail of iconic locations
- 2009: The Beatles’ Box Of Vision gets UK and European release
- 1968: Recording, mixing: I Will, Birthday, Savoy Truffle, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Long Long Long, Yer Blues, Sexy Sadie, What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Manchester
- 1964: Television: Scene At 6.30
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.