This was the 11th night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Ringo Starr live at Planet Hollywood Resort, Las Vegas
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Brandt Centre, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- 2013: UK album release: New by Paul McCartney
- 2011: Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell honeymoon in Mustique
- 2009: Liverpool considers Beatles Trail of iconic locations
- 2009: The Beatles’ Box Of Vision gets UK and European release
- 1968: Recording, mixing: I Will, Birthday, Savoy Truffle, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Long Long Long, Yer Blues, Sexy Sadie, What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Manchester
- 1964: Television: Scene At 6.30
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.