Prior to their evening concerts at the ABC Cinema, The Beatles recorded an appearance for the Granada television programme Scene At 6.30.
Their interview and mimed performance of I Should Have Known Better were shown on Friday 16 October at 6.30pm in the north west of England.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Ringo Starr live at Planet Hollywood Resort, Las Vegas
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Brandt Centre, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- 2013: UK album release: New by Paul McCartney
- 2011: Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell honeymoon in Mustique
- 2009: Liverpool considers Beatles Trail of iconic locations
- 2009: The Beatles’ Box Of Vision gets UK and European release
- 1968: Recording, mixing: I Will, Birthday, Savoy Truffle, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Long Long Long, Yer Blues, Sexy Sadie, What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Manchester
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.