On this day The Beatles’ 111th evening show at the Cavern Club took place.
Overall this was their 253rd appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2020: Paul McCartney announces new album McCartney III
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Théâtre St-Denis, Montreal, Canada
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Joe Louis Arena, Detroit
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- 2011: Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell hold wedding party in New York
- 2011: Julian Lennon hits out at Beatles ‘snubs’
- 2008: Beatles iPod goes on sale at Bloomingdale’s
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1965: Recording: Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Nowhere Man
- 1964: Live: Odeon Cinema, Glasgow
- 1964: Mixing: I Feel Fine, I’ll Follow The Sun, She’s A Woman, Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby
- 1963: Mixing: I Want To Hold Your Hand, This Boy
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.