Sir Paul McCartney and his new bride Nancy Shevell threw a second wedding party at the Bowery Hotel in New York City.
The couple married in London on 9 October 2011. They hosted the second celebration following a brief honeymoon on the Caribbean island of Mustique.
The Manhattan party was attended by some of the biggest names in showbusiness, including Keith Richards, Dave Grohl, Jon Bob Jovi, Jeff Lynne, Steve Van Zandt, Billy Joel, James Taylor, Ringo Starr and his wife Barbara Bach, and Yoko Ono and her son Sean Lennon.
Also present were New York mayor Michael Bloomberg, Nancy Shevell’s cousin Barbara Walters, and fashion designer Ralph Lauren.
Lady McCartney, 51, wore an electric blue dress and satic jacket, while Sir Paul, 69, wore a navy blue suit, with a white shirt and a blue and white striped tie.
Also on this day...
- 2020: Paul McCartney announces new album McCartney III
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Théâtre St-Denis, Montreal, Canada
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Joe Louis Arena, Detroit
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- 2011: Julian Lennon hits out at Beatles ‘snubs’
- 2008: Beatles iPod goes on sale at Bloomingdale’s
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1965: Recording: Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Nowhere Man
- 1964: Live: Odeon Cinema, Glasgow
- 1964: Mixing: I Feel Fine, I’ll Follow The Sun, She’s A Woman, Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby
- 1963: Mixing: I Want To Hold Your Hand, This Boy
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.