He began with the creation of four mono mixes of ‘I Feel Fine’. The third of these was used for the UK single; the fourth was sent the following day to Capitol Records for release in North America. The other two were unreleased.
In between mixing the two songs, he made a mono version of ‘I’ll Follow The Sun’, and the day concluded with a mix of The Beatles’ cover version of Carl Perkins’ ‘Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby’. Both songs had been recorded on 18 October.
Also on this day...
- 2023: Paul McCartney live: Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
- 2020: Paul McCartney announces new album McCartney III
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Théâtre St-Denis, Montreal, Canada
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Joe Louis Arena, Detroit
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- 2011: Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell hold wedding party in New York
- 2011: Julian Lennon hits out at Beatles ‘snubs’
- 2008: Beatles iPod goes on sale at Bloomingdale’s
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1965: Recording: Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Nowhere Man
- 1964: Live: Odeon Cinema, Glasgow
- 1963: Mixing: I Want To Hold Your Hand, This Boy
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.