This was the 10th date of The Beatles' 1964 British tour. It was also their third of four visits to Glasgow's Odeon Cinema, and the last of three consecutive dates in Scotland.
The Beatles performed two concerts a night, for which they were paid £850. Their set throughout the 1964 tour contained 10 songs: Twist And Shout, Money (That's What I Want), Can't Buy Me Love, Things We Said Today, I'm Happy Just To Dance With You, I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell, I Wanna Be Your Man, A Hard Day's Night and Long Tall Sally.
The support acts on the tour were The Rustiks, Sounds Incorporated, Michael Haslam, The Remo Four, Tommy Quickly and Mary Wells, and the compère was Bob Bain. The evening's two shows began at 6.40pm and 9pm.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Théâtre St-Denis, Montreal, Canada
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Joe Louis Arena, Detroit
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- 2011: Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell hold wedding party in New York
- 2011: Julian Lennon hits out at Beatles ‘snubs’
- 2008: Beatles iPod goes on sale at Bloomingdale’s
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1965: Recording: Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Nowhere Man
- 1964: Mixing: I Feel Fine, I’ll Follow The Sun, She’s A Woman, Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby
- 1963: Mixing: I Want To Hold Your Hand, This Boy
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.