Studio One (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Norman Smith
Although George Martin had created four mono mixes of ‘I Feel Fine’ on the previous day, during this hour-long session he made a fifth.
The purpose of the mix is unknown, and it was never issued. In the UK Martin’s third mix was released, and the fourth was sent to Capitol Records in the US.
The Beatles were not present at the session, as they were performing in Leeds, as part of their 1964 British tour.
Last updated: 12 April 2018
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: First Niagara Center, Buffalo, New York
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Maxwell C King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne, Florida
- 2009: Paul McCartney announces European tour
- 1991: US album release: Liverpool Oratorio by Paul McCartney
- 1984: Album release: Give My Regards To Broad Street by Paul McCartney
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: Recording: Yellow Submarine film score
- 1966: George and Pattie Harrison leave India
- 1965: Recording: In My Life, Nowhere Man
- 1964: Live: Odeon Cinema, Leeds
- 1962: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.