This was the 19th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: First Niagara Center, Buffalo, New York
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Maxwell C King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne, Florida
- 2009: Paul McCartney announces European tour
- 1991: US album release: Liverpool Oratorio by Paul McCartney
- 1984: Album release: Give My Regards To Broad Street by Paul McCartney
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: Recording: Yellow Submarine film score
- 1966: George and Pattie Harrison leave India
- 1965: Recording: In My Life, Nowhere Man
- 1964: Live: Odeon Cinema, Leeds
- 1964: Mixing: I Feel Fine
- 1962: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.