This was the 19th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at First Niagara Center, Buffalo, New York
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Maxwell C King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne, Florida
- 2009: Paul McCartney announces European tour
- 1991: US album release: Liverpool Oratorio by Paul McCartney
- 1984: Album release: Give My Regards To Broad Street by Paul McCartney
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1966: George and Pattie Harrison leave India
- 1965: Recording: In My Life, Nowhere Man
- 1964: Live: Odeon Cinema, Leeds
- 1964: Mixing: I Feel Fine
- 1962: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.