The 11th date of The Beatles' 1964 British tour was also their final visit to Leeds' Odeon Cinema. They performed two concerts, for which they were paid £850.
Their set throughout the tour contained 10 songs: Twist And Shout, Money (That's What I Want), Can't Buy Me Love, Things We Said Today, I'm Happy Just To Dance With You, I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell, I Wanna Be Your Man, A Hard Day's Night and Long Tall Sally.
The support acts on the tour were The Rustiks, Sounds Incorporated, Michael Haslam, The Remo Four, Tommy Quickly and Mary Wells, and the compère was Bob Bain. The two Dundee shows began at 6pm and 8.30pm.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at First Niagara Center, Buffalo, New York
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Maxwell C King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne, Florida
- 2009: Paul McCartney announces European tour
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1966: George and Pattie Harrison leave India
- 1965: Recording: In My Life, Nowhere Man
- 1964: Mixing: I Feel Fine
- 1962: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.