Sir Paul McCartney performed the second of two concerts at the Estádio do Morumbi in São Paulo, Brazil before 65,000 people. It was the fifth show in the South American leg of his Up And Coming tour.
The setlist was similar to his second concert at the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires earlier in the month.
As in Buenos Aires, McCartney began with The Beatles' song Magical Mystery Tour, and also performed Bluebird from Band On The Run.
Here's the performance of Something from the show:
- Magical Mystery Tour
- All My Loving
- Letting Go
- Got To Get You Into My Life
- Let Me Roll It
- The Long And Winding Road
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
- Let 'Em In
- My Love
- I'm Looking Through You
- Two Of Us
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Sing The Changes
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- I've Got A Feeling
- Paperback Writer
- A Day In the Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
Also on this day...
- 2008: The Vatican forgives Lennon for Jesus remarks
- 1989: Paul McCartney interviewed in New York City
- 1968: UK album release: The Beatles (White Album)
- 1967: Tape copying: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise), Nowhere Man
- 1963: Live: Globe Cinema, Stockton-on-Tees
- 1963: UK album release: With The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg – The Beatles perform without George Harrison
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.