On the day their second album With The Beatles was released, the group performed the 18th date of their 1963 Autumn Tour at the Globe Cinema in Stockton-on-Tees. It was also the day that John F Kennedy was shot in Dallas, Texas.
Their setlist throughout the tour contained 10 songs: I Saw Her Standing There, From Me To You, All My Loving, You Really Got A Hold On Me, Roll Over Beethoven, Boys, Till There Was You, She Loves You, Money (That's What I Want) and Twist And Shout.
The Beatles returned to the Globe on one subsequent occasion, 15 October 1964.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Estádio do Morumbi, São Paulo, Brazil
- 2008: The Vatican forgives Lennon for Jesus remarks
- 1989: Paul McCartney interviewed in New York City
- 1968: UK album release: The Beatles (White Album)
- 1967: Tape copying: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise), Nowhere Man
- 1963: UK album release: With The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg – The Beatles perform without George Harrison
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.