Sir Paul McCartney performed the second of two concerts at Mexico City’s Foro Sol stadium, before over 50,000 people.
The former Beatle performed two consecutive shows in the city, the second of which was to be broadcast to residents on giant screens in a Chapultepec Park plaza, and also shown on a live webcast.
This second date was added after the first show broke the world record for the fastest ever-selling stadium show in Mexico, smashing a previous record held by Radiohead.
The setlist was largely the same as the previous night’s, including the singalong Shine A Light In Mexico. He did, however, perform Drive My Car instead of Got To Get You Into My Life, I’ve Just Seen A Face in place of I’m Looking Through You, plus And I Love Her instead of Two Of Us.
- Venus And Mars/Rock Show
- All My Loving
- Letting Go
- Drive My Car
- Let Me Roll It
- The Long And Winding Road
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
- Let ‘Em In
- My Love
- Shine A Light In Mexico
- I’ve Just Seen A Face
- And I Love Her
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Sing The Changes
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- I’ve Got A Feeling
- Paperback Writer
- A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Echo Arena, Liverpool
- 1969: Mixing, master compilation: Let It Be, Get Back album
- 1967: The Beatles attend a party at Brian Epstein’s country house
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Worcester
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Rescue Hall, Peterhead, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.