The Beatles’ first of two concerts in Worcester, England, took place during their UK tour with Roy Orbison.
Throughout the tour they performed the same set of seven songs: ‘Some Other Guy’, ‘Do You Want To Know A Secret’, ‘Love Me Do’, ‘From Me To You’, ‘Please Please Me’, ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
The Beatles returned to Worcester’s Gaumont Cinema on 4 September 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney live: Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida
- 2022: Ringo Starr live: Casino Rama, Orillia, Ontario, Canada
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Echo Arena, Liverpool
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico
- 1969: Mixing, master compilation: Let It Be, Get Back album
- 1967: The Beatles attend a party at Brian Epstein’s country house
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Rescue Hall, Peterhead, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
I Saw The Beatles in Worcester in 1963 at the Gaumont Cinema,The month i forget. I was 13.
i went on my own, so lucky to get a Ticket.
To see them cost me 10 Bob, (Ten Shilling), 2 weeks pocket money.
I was right at the back, any further back i would been in Foregate Street.
What a Great Night, I only Saw ALL of them on stage about once when they done a quiet number because of the Screaming Girls who were standing up and i was only little at the time.
The Beatles stayed in the Gifford Hotel near the Cathedral, the best hotel at the time in Worcester, I have stayed there since but its not the same anymore.
At least i can say I SAW THE BEATLES AT THE HEIGHT OF BEATLE MANIA,
I will never forget it as long as i live, Unforgetable.