Studio One, Olympic Sound Studios, London
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Glyn Johns
This session saw the creation of a stereo mix for the song Let It Be, and the compilation of the master tape for Glyn Johns' unreleased Get Back album.
Johns had worked for a number of days on the album, without much involvement from The Beatles, and this day saw the completion of his work.
The tracklisting for Get Back was as follows, with the dates from January 1969 when the takes were recorded in brackets.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Echo Arena, Liverpool
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico
- 1967: The Beatles attend a party at Brian Epstein’s country house
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Worcester
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Rescue Hall, Peterhead, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.