This was The Beatles’ 45th of 48 nights at Hamburg’s Star-Club, the city’s newest rock ‘n’ roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles’ third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Echo Arena, Liverpool
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico
- 1969: Mixing, master compilation: Let It Be, Get Back album
- 1967: The Beatles attend a party at Brian Epstein’s country house
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Worcester
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Rescue Hall, Peterhead, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.