The Beatles' second live show of the day was an evening performance at the Majestic Ballrom, Birkenhead.
This was the group's first engagement at the venue in 1963, and their 14th overall. Tickets sold out in advance of the show, and 500 hopeful fans had to be turned away on the night.
In March 2015 the Tracks website put a fan-written setlist on sale. It detailed most of the songs played at the Majestic Ballroom show, along with the lead singer.
- Shimmy Like Kate - John
- Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - George
- PS I Love You - Paul
- Chains - George
- A Taste Of Honey - Paul
- Please Please Me
- Three Cool Cats - George
- Anna - John
- Hey Good Looking - George
- Hippy Hippy Shake - Paul
- Talking 'Bout You - John
- Devil In Her Heart - George
- Some Other Guy - John
- Ask Me Why - John
- Roll Over Beethoven - George
- Love Me Do
The Majestic Ballroom was owned by Top Rank, Britain's largest entertainment organisation at the time, which ran ballrooms, cinemas, theatres and bingo halls around the country. The Beatles played at 12 of the company's 28 ballrooms.
Their other performances at the venue took place on 28 June; 5, 12, 19 and 28 July; 17 and 24 August; 8 and 22 September; 15 October; 22 and 29 November; and 15 December 1962; 31 January; 21 February; and 10 April 1963.
Also on this day...
- 1969: UK album release: Yellow Submarine
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Penny Lane
- 1967: John Lennon begins writing A Day In The Life
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Stuart Sutcliffe sells a painting to John Moores
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.