This was the eighth of The Beatles’ 17 concert appearances at the Majestic Ballrom in Birkenhead.
It was their second show of the night; earlier that evening they had performed at the YMCA in Birkenhead.
The Majestic Ballroom was owned by Top Rank, Britain’s largest entertainment organisation at the time, which ran ballrooms, cinemas, theatres and bingo halls around the country. The Beatles played at 12 of the company’s 28 ballrooms.
Their other performances at the venue took place on 28 June; 5, 12, 19 and 28 July; 17 and 24 August; 22 September; 15 October; 22 and 29 November; and 15 December 1962; and 17 and 31 January; 21 February; and 10 April 1963.
Last updated: 25 February 2020
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: BMO Harris Pavilion, Milwaukee
- 2012: Paul McCartney performs at Africa Express show in London
- 2012: Paul McCartney is awarded French Legion of Honour
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Flying
- 1964: Live: Forum, Montreal, Canada
- 1963: Live: ABC Theatre, Blackpool
- 1962: Live: YMCA, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.