This was The Beatles’ 99th evening show at the Cavern Club. They were on a bill with Clinton Ford, a British singer who had recently enjoyed two top 30 successes in the singles chart.
Ford’s appearance had been rescheduled from the previous Sunday. Overall this was The Beatles’ 229th appearance at the cellar venue in Mathew Street, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Century Center, South Bend, Indiana
- 2016: Album release: Live At The Hollywood Bowl
- 2014: The Art Of Paul McCartney tribute album announced
- 2014: The Beatles’ remastered mono vinyl collection gets worldwide release
- 2009: The Beatles’ mono and stereo remasters are released
- 1971: US album release: Imagine by John Lennon
- 1969: John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison meet to discuss their future
- 1968: Recording: Helter Skelter
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.