The Beatles’ Sunday nights from July to September 1963 were commonly spent performing in Blackpool, Lancashire. On 1 September they had a rare break, but returned on this day with a show at the ABC Theatre.
This was The Beatles’ fifth and final concert at the venue. They returned to Blackpool twice more in August 1964 for shows at the Opera House.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: BMO Harris Pavilion, Milwaukee
- 2012: Paul McCartney performs at Africa Express show in London
- 2012: Paul McCartney is awarded French Legion of Honour
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Flying
- 1964: Live: Forum, Montreal, Canada
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1962: Live: YMCA, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.