The Beatles gave their 74th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club on this day. This was also the 16th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows on the same date.
The group's lunchtime shows in the Cavern typically lasted from 12-2pm. Overall this was their 116th appearance at the Mathew Street cellar club, including their late-night shows.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows at the Mathew Street venue between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2017: George Harrison vinyl collection box set announced
- 1969: UK album release: Yellow Submarine
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Penny Lane
- 1967: John Lennon begins writing A Day In The Life
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Stuart Sutcliffe sells a painting to John Moores
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.