This was The Beatles' sixth of 48 nights at Hamburg's Star-Club, the city's newest rock 'n' roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles' third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2018: New video for Ringo Starr’s Give More Love
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Old Brown Shoe, I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1966: Lennon and Harrison watch The Lovin’ Spoonful in London
- 1965: Mixing: Help!, The Night Before
- 1964: Recording: Around The Beatles
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Paul McCartney meets Jane Asher
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.