Between 1964 and 1988 the Marquee Club was situated at 90 Wardour Street in Soho, London. On this night Harrison met Eric Clapton; the pair would become close friends in subsequent years. They had met once before, during Another Beatles Christmas Show at Hammersmith Odeon in 1964-65.
Afterwards Lennon and Harrison visited a London nightclub in the company of Brian Jones, Spencer Davis, Stevie Winwood and Tom McGuinness.
Also on this day...
- 2018: New video for Ringo Starr’s Give More Love
- 1975: UK single release: Stand By Me by John Lennon
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Old Brown Shoe, I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1965: Mixing: Help!, The Night Before
- 1964: Recording: Around The Beatles
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Paul McCartney meets Jane Asher
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.