Five mixes were made between 10am and 12.30pm. The first three were mono mixes of Help!, the last of which was used in the film.
Stereo mixes of both songs were then made. As with the best mono mix, these were both taken away by United Artists, although they were intended for use on the soundtrack release. However, neither stereo version was released: Help! was remixed on 18 June, and a superior mix of The Night Before had been created on 23 February 1965.
Also on this day...
- 2018: New video for Ringo Starr’s Give More Love
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Old Brown Shoe, I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1966: Lennon and Harrison watch The Lovin’ Spoonful in London
- 1964: Recording: Around The Beatles
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Paul McCartney meets Jane Asher
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.