The Beatles had performed on the popular ITV music show Ready, Steady, Go! on three prior occasions, but preferred not to do so again. In order to promote their ‘Ticket To Ride’ single, John Lennon and George Harrison gave an interview at production company Rediffusion’s Wembley Studios.
The Good Friday show was broadcast live from 6.08-7pm. Lennon and Harrison were interviewed by the host Cathy McGowan. The other guests included Adam Faith, Doris Troy, The Kinks and Herman’s Hermits.
Between 2 April and 4 June, the programme’s title was changed to Ready Steady Goes Live! to reflect its live music policy.
Last updated: 16 May 2010
Also on this day...
- 2021: Album release: McCartney III Imagined by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Old Brown Shoe, Something
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Rain
- 1964: Recording: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Television: Scene At 6.30
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.