The Beatles mimed to ‘From Me To You’ on the live television programme Scene At 6.30, broadcast in the north of England.
The appearance was filmed in Manchester, at Granada Television Centre’s Studio Four. Rehearsals for the show took place from 3-4pm and 4.15-6pm. Scene At 6.30 was broadcast from 6.30-7pm, clashing with The Beatles’ first national TV appearance, on The 625 Show, which was aired at the same time.
Last updated: 2 June 2020
Also on this day...
- 2021: Album release: McCartney III Imagined by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Old Brown Shoe, Something
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Rain
- 1965: Television: Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1964: Recording: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.