The album was announced on 11 March 2021, and was initially released digitally. A physical release followed on 23 July.
As with McCartney III, a number of coloured vinyl variants were created for Imagined. A splatter vinyl version with modified McCartney III artwork was sold exclusively via McCartney’s website, with just 3,500 available in the US.
Other versions had different artwork by Ed Ruscha. They included standard black vinyl, Spotify translucent light green, Newbury Comics red, Target silver, and a gold edition sold by independent stores and HMV.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Old Brown Shoe, Something
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Rain
- 1965: Television: Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1964: Recording: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Television: Scene At 6.30
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.