This was The Beatles’ third performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David’s Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
Earlier in this evening The Beatles had given their eighth performance at Aintree Institute in Liverpool, after which they were driven by Neil Aspinall to Hambleton Hall.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 1, 15 and 22 February; 8 and 20 March; 20 August; 3 and 17 September; 15 and 29 October; 12 and 26 November; 10 December 1961; and 13 January 1962.
Also on this day...
- 2011: The Beatles’ Love and John Lennon’s final interview go onsale at iTunes
- 2010: Ringo’s star unveiled on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- 1968: Recording, mixing: The Inner Light, Across The Universe
- 1967: Recording: Good Morning Good Morning
- 1966: George and Pattie Harrison honeymoon in Barbados
- 1964: Rehearsal for The Ed Sullivan Show
- 1964: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Carlisle
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.