Remastered versions of John Lennon’s solo back catalogue have been released to coincide with the 70th anniversary of his birth.
Lennon was born on 9 October 1940. Visit the Beatles Bible’s tribute site for him.
The albums, from John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band to the posthumous Milk And Honey, are available individually on compact disc and digital download, and as part of the deluxe John Lennon Signature Box.
A remixed version of Lennon’s final album, Double Fantasy, also forms part of the campaign. Double Fantasy Stripped Down is a double-disc set featuring the original album plus a new mix which removed many of the studio overdubs, revealing a purer version of the songs Lennon and Ono recorded in 1980.
A new hits collection, Power To The People: The Hits, and a four-disc retrospective, Gimme Some Truth, have also been issued.
The remasters are released worldwide today, and tomorrow in North America.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Starlight Theater, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2011: US album release: Ocean’s Kingdom by Paul McCartney
- 1999: UK album release: Run Devil Run by Paul McCartney
- 1974: UK album release: Walls And Bridges by John Lennon
- 1974: UK single release: Whatever Gets You Thru The Night by John Lennon
- 1968: Recording: Martha My Dear, Honey Pie
- 1967: Television: The Frost Programme
- 1966: Ringo Starr joins John Lennon in Spain
- 1963: Debut appearance on Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.