Towards the end of 1966, with John being in Spain filming How I Won the War, I went and hung out with him because he was lonely. We really supported each other a lot.
Maureen and I decided to go out and stay with Michael Crawford, who was with John in the film, and every five or six days we would move house. All of us were living in the same house and there was always something wrong with it – that was the most boring part about it, and it was damn hot.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Starlight Theater, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2011: US album release: Ocean’s Kingdom by Paul McCartney
- 2010: John Lennon’s solo remasters are released
- 1999: UK album release: Run Devil Run by Paul McCartney
- 1974: UK album release: Walls And Bridges by John Lennon
- 1974: UK single release: Whatever Gets You Thru The Night by John Lennon
- 1968: Recording: Martha My Dear, Honey Pie
- 1967: Television: The Frost Programme
- 1963: Debut appearance on Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.