Run Devil Run, Paul McCartney’s 11th solo album, was released in the United Kingdom on 4 October 1999.
A collection of rock ‘n’ roll oldies and three original compositions, it was McCartney’s first solo project after the death of his first wife Linda in April 1998.
Run Devil Run reached number 12 on the UK albums chart. It was released the following day in the USA, 5 October 1999, and reached number 27.
In the UK a limited edition Collector’s Box, designed in the style of a 1950s record case, was released as a set of eight 7″ singles.
The Run Devil Run Limited Edition Collector’s Box, designed in the style of a 1950s record case, was released in the UK on 25 December 1999. It featured the 15 songs from the album, plus Fabulous, as a set of eight 7″ singles.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Starlight Theater, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2011: US album release: Ocean’s Kingdom by Paul McCartney
- 2010: John Lennon’s solo remasters are released
- 1974: UK album release: Walls And Bridges by John Lennon
- 1974: UK single release: Whatever Gets You Thru The Night by John Lennon
- 1968: Recording: Martha My Dear, Honey Pie
- 1967: Television: The Frost Programme
- 1966: Ringo Starr joins John Lennon in Spain
- 1963: Debut appearance on Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.