This was The Beatles' 138th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 244th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool's city centre.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Starlight Theater, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2010: John Lennon’s solo remasters are released
- 1974: UK album release: Walls And Bridges by John Lennon
- 1968: Recording: Martha My Dear, Honey Pie
- 1967: Television: The Frost Programme
- 1966: Ringo Starr joins John Lennon in Spain
- 1963: Debut appearance on Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.