Wings’ fourth album, Venus And Mars, was released in the United States on 27 May 1975.
Venus And Mars was the follow-up to the chart-topping Band On The Run, and was released in the United Kingdom on 30 May 1975.
The single ‘Listen To What The Man Said’ was released in May 1975, two weeks prior to Venus And Mars. It reached number one in the USA, and number six in the UK.
Venus And Mars topped the Billboard Top 200 for one week, and spent a total of 77 weeks on the charts.
In the UK it spent one week at number one from 28 June, was displaced by The Carpenters’ Horizon for two weeks, before returning to the top for a second week. Venus And Mars was on the charts for a total of 29 weeks, and was certified platinum on 1 August 1975.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Ringo Starr live: Casino Rama, Orillia, Ontario, Canada
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico
- 1997: US album release: Flaming Pie by Paul McCartney
- 1966: John Lennon is filmed with Bob Dylan
- 1964: Paul McCartney, Jane Asher, Ringo Starr and Maureen Cox fly to London from the Virgin Islands
- 1963: Live: Capitol Cinema, Cardiff
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Regal Ballroom, Nairn, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.