This was The Beatles' 44th of 48 nights at Hamburg's Star-Club, the city's newest rock 'n' roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles' third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico
- 1966: John Lennon is filmed with Bob Dylan
- 1964: Paul McCartney, Jane Asher, Ringo Starr and Maureen Cox fly to London from the Virgin Islands
- 1963: Live: Capitol Cinema, Cardiff
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Regal Ballroom, Nairn, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.