The album followed later that month. ‘Listen To What The Man Said’ had been issued in the UK on 16 May 1975.
The b-side was ‘Love In Song’, another Venus And Mars song recorded at Abbey Road in 1974.
‘Listen To What The Man Said’ topped the charts in Canada and the USA, and went top ten in Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, and the UK, where it peaked at number six.
The popularity of ‘Listen To What The Man Said’ led to its inclusion on the compilations All The Best! and Wingspan: Hits and History, although it was omitted from 1978’s Wings Greatest.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at FedExForum, Memphis, Tennessee
- 1980: US album release: McCartney II by Paul McCartney
- 1969: John and Yoko’s second bed-in for peace: Montreal
- 1969: US album release: Unfinished Music No.2: Life With The Lions by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1969: US album release: Electronic Sound by George Harrison
- 1966: Recording: Yellow Submarine
- 1965: The Beatles (Invite You To Take A Ticket To Ride) – the final BBC radio session
- 1964: John and Cynthia Lennon, George Harrison and Pattie Boyd fly to London from Tahiti
- 1963: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Town Hall, Forres, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.