Wings’ fourth album, Venus And Mars, was released in the United Kingdom on 30 May 1975.
The single ‘Listen To What The Man Said’ was released in May 1975, two weeks prior to Venus And Mars. It reached number one in the USA, and number six in the UK.
In the UK the album it spent one week at number one from 28 June, was displaced by The Carpenters’ Horizon for two weeks, before returning to the top for a second week. Venus And Mars was on the charts for a total of 29 weeks, and was certified platinum on 1 August 1975.
In the US Venus And Mars topped the Billboard Top 200 for one week, and spent a total of 77 weeks on the charts.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Limited edition Yellow Submarine picture disc single to be released
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 2012: Ringo Starr’s childhood home is saved from demolition
- 1973: US album release: Living In The Material World by George Harrison
- 1969: UK single release: The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- 1968: Recording: Revolution 1
- 1966: US single release: Paperback Writer
- 1964: Press conference at NEMS Enterprises
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Manchester
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Jacaranda Coffee Bar, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.