Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Engineer: Ken Scott
Mono and stereo mixes were made on 7 October, but these were improved upon on 14 October.
For many years it was believed that this was the recording session in which Eric Clapton overdubbed his lead guitar solo. This was incorrect, and in fact Clapton played live with The Beatles on each of the takes recorded the previous day.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Ringo’s Beatles debut venue burns down
- 1968: Television: Paul McCartney and Mary Hopkin filmed for Magpie
- 1967: Recording, mixing: I Am The Walrus, The Fool On The Hill, Blue Jay Way
- 1966: John Lennon begins wearing ‘granny’ glasses
- 1964: Live: Olympia Stadium, Detroit
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Luton
- 1963: UK EP release: The Beatles’ Hits
- 1962: Live: Rialto Ballroom, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.